Daily, Unresponsive Refractory Headache
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- What are the common types of daily unremitting headache?
- Which is commonly misdiagnosed?
- Which is often left undiagnosed?
- How are headaches classified?
- What is primary headache versus secondary headache?
- What is rebound headache?
- How can headaches that occur on 15 days a month or more be treated?
- What treatment options are there for New Daily Persistent Headache?
- When is an in-patient stay at a headache clinic worth considering?
- What risks do people with refractory headache have?
- What is a chronic pain state and what treatments could be utilized for this?
- What are the S.E.E.D.S. for success in headache management?
Find more about Juliana VanderPluym, MD and her work here:
- S.E.E.D.S. acronym: discussed in
- eNeura Transcranial Magnetic Stimulator (TMS)
- New York University Langone Health.
- Lawrence C. Newman MD
Lawrence C. Newman, MD
NYU Langone Headache Division, USA
Dr. Lawrence Newman is a neurology professor at NYU Langone School of Medicine and a migraine warrior himself. He truly understands the desperation we all feel when it seems like we’re out of treatment options. As director of the headache division at NYU Langone, Dr. Newman leads a team of board-certified neurologists and headache specialists to treat people who have migraine, cluster headache, trigeminal neuralgia, or other headache-related disorders using a variety of approaches — not just the standard therapies. His research has been published in Neurology, Headache, Cephalalgia, and other medical journals. Dr. Newman is a member of the American Academy of Neurology, the National Headache Foundation, and the International Headache Society, and he is the former president of the American Headache Society. He’s an outside-the-box thinker who approaches every case with tenacity and humanity to find the best treatments for each person.
Unlock full access to the entire 2018 Summit, including:
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee