Managing Migraine With Little to No Insurance
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- What is meant by “underserved populations,” and who are some underserved populations when it comes to migraine care?
- Why is migraine disease more prevalent in the U.S. among people with lower income, people over 65 years old, people insured by Medicaid, and people without health insurance?
- What are some of the challenges faced by underserved populations needing care for migraine disease?
- How can underserved communities get better access to migraine care?
- What are some strategies for addressing financial barriers to migraine care?
- Why are there so few headache specialists in the U.S.?
- How can we advocate for more resources for migraine research?
David Watson, MD, FAAN
Chair & Professor of Neurology
Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute and WVU Headache Center
Dr. David Watson is chair and professor of neurology at the West Virginia University School of Medicine, where he founded the WVU Headache Center 12 years ago. He is also a member of the Underserved Populations in Headache Medicine Special Interest Section with the American Headache Society.
Dr. Watson himself lives with a mild form of episodic migraine and has spent the last 16 years working to improve the lives of patients with migraine and other disorders that cause severe head pain. His clinical work focuses on patients with headache disorders and access to care for underserved populations, while his research interests lie in new and emerging treatment options.
Dr. Watson is a recipient of the American Headache Society’s 2018 Above and Beyond Award, which acknowledges an individual who has provided significant service. He was also named the 2017 Palatucci Advocate of the Year by the American Academy of Neurology.
Get your own copy of the entire Summit
- 30+ Expert interviews with audio clips and transcripts
- Unlimited streaming and downloads
- Lifetime access with no annual fee