Best Practices for Treating Children With Migraine
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- At what age can migraine start to be observed?
- What are the signs and symptoms of migraine in young children and adolescents?
- How many children and adolescents does migraine affect?
- What is the association of childhood abdominal problems with migraine?
- Why is early diagnosis of migraine important?
- Why do children get migraine attacks?
- Is concussion a risk factor for migraine in children?
- When should imaging studies and emergency room visits be utilized?
- What is the relationship between migraine and depression or anxiety in children?
- How can parents help children cope with the loss and isolation that comes with migraine?
- How is cognitive behavioral therapy used for migraine management in children and adolescents?
- What treatment options can be used in kids and how does treatment in kids differ from adults?
- How can parents advocate for children with migraine with their schools?
Find more about Scott W. Powers, PhD, ABPP, FAHS and his work here:
- Migraine Headache In Childhood
- Migraine At School
- Scott Powers at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
- Headache Center at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- CGRP monoclonal antibodies
- Relaxation training
Please note: The Migraine World Summit’s aim is to bring you a variety of perspectives and expertise, independent of bias or judgment. Alternative theories presented in this video have not been medically reviewed. Views expressed in this interview do not necessarily represent the views of the Migraine World Summit. Please always consult your health care professional and do your own research before making changes to your treatment plan.
Scott W. Powers, PhD, ABPP, FAHS
CCRF Endowed Chair & Professor of Pediatrics
Cincinnati Children's Hospital/University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
Watch at your own pace & get up to 24% off when you purchase the 2023 Migraine World Summit before March 8. Includes:
- All expert interviews with seperate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 30 extended, uncut interview editions with 6.5 hours of bonus expert footage
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 7 (2022)
Explore our Interview Library by visiting the page from the bottom menu in the footer of each page. Discover answers from 200+ expert interviews. Watch previews of past interviews or get an All-Access Pass to any full Summit year.