Video Editor Role Description
Filming for the 2019 Migraine World Summit near the European Headache Federation’s conference in Italy.
The Migraine World Summit is an annual live event that is held each year in March or April. It is available for free online.
The Migraine World Summit provides an opportunity to improve patients’ and caregivers’ understanding of migraine and headache disorders by providing access to leading migraine experts, doctors and specialists from around the world.
Our mission is simple… to reduce the global burden of migraine. By giving access to many of the world’s top experts, information is shared that can be discussed with the patients’ healthcare professionals to improve health and wellness.
Each year the Migraine World Summit interviews dozens of world-leading experts and this team is responsible for producing the professionally finished versions of these interviews from their original recording. Team members help both the experts and the interviewers look and sound their best while working with the Content Editing team who review and check the footage. Team members have the satisfaction of knowing that their work is directly showcased to tens of thousands of grateful viewers each year.
- You have video editing experience (hobby or professional) and have access to video editing software like Adobe Premiere Pro.
- This role involves simple cutting and placing of clips, adding provided graphics and simple transitions such as fades / cross dissolves / dip to white/black. Some audio editing may be necessary.
- An eye for detail aiming to keep videos consistent within the team.
- You would be able to take initiative and ask “Why?” if something doesn’t make sense or you need help with the task.
- Ability to communicate often over Slack to keep the team updated on video progress.
- You are able to focus on long form content (~45 minute videos)
- Efficient turn-around time (a few days per video)
- You are comfortable working within deadlines to support project timelines.
- Attend an initial MWS onboarding meeting. (We will strive to offer two date options.)
- Attend any initial new Video Editor training sessions.
- Participate in weekly status team meetings.
- Good and frequent communication with the team including updating and checking video status spreadsheets.
- Self-schedule in order to complete assigned Video Editing projects according to necessary team and Migraine World Summit timelines.
- Communicate project status and any issues meeting timelines to Team Manager.
- Video Editing Experience (hobby or professional) with software like Adobe Premiere Pro
- Strong English language skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfort with technology
- Ability to review content on a detailed level to ensure published materials are without errors and of high quality
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE (helpful, but not required)
- Interview editing
- Sound editing
Timeframe/Hours: Minimum 8 hours/week
Join Our Team
At the 2021 Migraine World Summit, we had more than 100,000 participants from more than 100 countries listen to 32 world-leading experts.
We heard in emails, video messages, and social media comments that these events have opened up a world of hope and turned lives around.
This has been made possible only by the goodwill of our world-leading experts and volunteers who have generously shared their knowledge, time, and expertise. We owe a big thank you to everyone who was involved.
Now you have the opportunity to get involved in this life-changing work to help make a difference for people with migraine. On behalf of the Migraine World Summit and WHEF, we are looking for a few capable and generous volunteers to join the team to help provide education and support to our global audience.
These roles are flexible and purpose-driven. You’re also likely to pick up new skills, friends, and ideas for better health along the way. This could also be a great stepping stone if you’re looking to get back into the workforce.
We understand that for many, life is a daily struggle and you are simply not in a position to take on anything more. If you feel like this could be taxing on your health in any way, please do not apply. We greatly appreciate your consideration but we would much rather you prioritize your health and come back in a better place next year.
If you are talented, experienced and ready to demonstrate just how amazing you can be despite chronic illness, please apply or share this with someone you know. These roles are open globally.
Fill out this short form to be considered for the WHEF/ Migraine World Summit team. Join us to help make a world of difference.
Register for the Migraine World Summit today!
Get full access to all interviews and summit content
View some of the top migraine interview content on the planet
Engage in user discussion with fellow migraine attendees