Content Editor Role Description
Some team members of the team at the in-person live event at the Grand Hyatt, New York. Hosts, Carl & Paula are featured centre with volunteers from different teams helping out at the event.
The Migraine World Summit is an annual live event that is held each year in March or April. It is available for free online.
The Migraine World Summit provides an opportunity to improve patients’ and caregivers’ understanding of migraine and headache disorders by providing access to leading migraine experts, doctors and specialists from around the world.
Our mission is to reduce the global burden of migraine. By giving access to many of the world’s top experts, information is shared that can be discussed with the patients’ healthcare professionals to improve health and wellness.
Being a critical component of the team that ensures Migraine World Summit content is thoroughly reviewed and edited so that it is grammatically accurate, fully comprehensible, and polished.
- You love reading. Language and good grammar come naturally.
- You have an eye for grammatical errors and would enjoy making corrections in text, such as interview transcripts and website content.
- You are interested in learning and using software to complete editing work.
- You would be able to take initiative and ask “Why?” if something doesn’t make sense.
- You welcome the idea of working collaboratively with the video editing team to review interview video footage to create a coherent and complete final product.
- You would enjoy absorbing robust content and distilling it into concise summaries.
- You are comfortable working within deadlines to support project timelines.
- You value teamwork and collaboration in a supportive environment.
- Attend an initial MWS onboarding meeting. (We will strive to offer two date options.)
- Attend several initial new Content Editor training sessions.
- Participate in weekly status team meetings.
- Self-schedule in order to complete assigned Content Editing projects according to necessary team and Migraine World Summit timelines.
- Communicate project status and any issues meeting timelines to Team Manager.
- Solid knowledge of migraine
- Strong English language skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfort with technology
- Ability to review content on a detailed level to ensure published materials are without errors and of high quality
- Ability to consider content from a broader perspective to identify big picture gaps or opportunities to best convey messages
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE (helpful, but not required)
- Professional writing
- Technical platform use
Timeframe/Hours: Minimum 8 hours/week; flexible schedule within deadline frames
Join Our Team
Thank you so much for your consideration. Please subscribe to our email list for recruitment updates.
We understand that, for many, life is a daily struggle and you are simply not in a position to take on anything more. If you feel like this could be taxing on your health in any way, do not apply now. We greatly appreciate your consideration and would much rather you prioritize your health and come back in a better place next year.
If your health permits it, you possess the relevant skills and are ready to demonstrate just how amazing you can be despite chronic illness, please apply or share this with someone you know who might be interested. Please note, these roles are open globally, and will be filled on a rolling basis—some right away, and others as needed. Thanks for your patience with us as we review all of the applications.
Fill out this short form to be considered for the Migraine World Summit team. Join us to help make a world of difference.
Register for the Migraine World Summit today!
Get full access to all interviews and summit content
View some of the top migraine interview content on the planet
Engage in user discussion with fellow migraine attendees