Content Editor Role Description
Some team members of the team at the in-person live event at the Grand Hyatt, New York. Hosts, Carl & Paula are featured centre with volunteers from different teams helping out at the event.
The Migraine World Summit is an annual live event that is held each year in March or April. It is available for free online.
The Migraine World Summit provides an opportunity to improve patients’ and caregivers’ understanding of migraine and headache disorders by providing access to leading migraine experts, doctors and specialists from around the world.
Our mission is simple… to reduce the global burden of migraine. By giving access to many of the world’s top experts, information is shared that can be discussed with the patients’ healthcare professionals to improve health and wellness.
Being a critical component of the team that ensures Migraine World Summit content is thoroughly reviewed and edited so that it is grammatically accurate, fully comprehensible and polished.
- You love reading. Language and good grammar come naturally.
- You have an eye for grammatical errors and would enjoy making corrections in text such as interview transcripts and website content.
- You are interested in learning and using software to complete editing work.
- You would be able to take initiative and ask “Why?” if something doesn’t make sense.
- You would be able to make a detailed review of a video to make edit recommendations that would enhance the final product.
- You would enjoy absorbing robust content and distilling it into concise summaries.
- You are comfortable working within deadlines to support project timelines.
- Attend an initial MWS onboarding meeting. (We will strive to offer two date options.)
- Attend several initial new Content Editor training sessions.
- Participate in weekly status team meetings.
- Self-schedule in order to complete assigned Content Editing projects according to necessary team and Migraine World Summit timelines.
- Communicate project status and any issues meeting timelines to Team Manager.
- Solid knowledge of migraine
- Strong English language skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfort with technology
- Ability to review content on a detailed level to ensure published materials are without errors and of high quality
- Ability, also, to consider content from a broader perspective to identify big picture gaps or opportunities to best convey messages
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE (helpful, but not required)
- Professional writing
- Technical platform use
Timeframe/Hours: Minimum 8 hours/week
Join Our Team
At the 2021 Migraine World Summit, we had more than 100,000 participants from more than 100 countries listen to 32 world-leading experts.
We heard in emails, video messages, and social media comments that these events have opened up a world of hope and turned lives around.
This has been made possible only by the goodwill of our world-leading experts and volunteers who have generously shared their knowledge, time, and expertise. We owe a big thank you to everyone who was involved.
Now you have the opportunity to get involved in this life-changing work to help make a difference for people with migraine. On behalf of the Migraine World Summit and WHEF, we are looking for a few capable and generous volunteers to join the team to help provide education and support to our global audience.
These roles are flexible and purpose-driven. You’re also likely to pick up new skills, friends, and ideas for better health along the way. This could also be a great stepping stone if you’re looking to get back into the workforce.
We understand that for many, life is a daily struggle and you are simply not in a position to take on anything more. If you feel like this could be taxing on your health in any way, please do not apply. We greatly appreciate your consideration but we would much rather you prioritize your health and come back in a better place next year.
If you are talented, experienced and ready to demonstrate just how amazing you can be despite chronic illness, please apply or share this with someone you know. These roles are open globally.
Fill out this short form to be considered for the WHEF/ Migraine World Summit team. Join us to help make a world of difference.
Register for the Migraine World Summit today!
Get full access to all interviews and summit content
View some of the top migraine interview content on the planet
Engage in user discussion with fellow migraine attendees
Register now and get free access 9 expert interviews!