Unlocking the Mystery of Migraine Pathogenesis
You are currently watching a preview of this interview. Unlock the full version by upgrading to an Access Pass bundle! Get FREE access to 8 expert interviews from Day 1 and Day 2 when you register today!
- What do pathogenesis and pathophysiology mean, specifically for migraine?
- What is the concept of a migraine pathway?
- Could understanding your migraine pathway help with specialized treatment?
- What is the trigeminal pathway?
- What role does serotonin play in migraine?
- What role does dopamine play in migraine?
- What is the GABA pathway?
- What is the vascular pathway?
- Does vasodilation cause migraine?
- What is the anti-inflammatory pathway?
- Is migraine a neuroinflammatory disorder?
- Do migraines evolve over time in patients?
- How does understanding migraine pathways lead to better understanding of migraine?
- How does better understanding of migraine help patients and treatments?
Peter Goadsby, MD
Professor of Neurology and Neurologist
King's College London, UK
Dr. Peter J. Goadsby is one of the world’s leading headache neurologists and researchers, and a professor at King’s College London and the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Dr. Goadsby is on the board of directors for the American Headache Society, as well as the American Migraine Foundation, in addition to serving on the American Registry Migraine Research (ARMR) scientific advisory board and executive committee. Dr. Goadsby is also a trustee for The Migraine Trust. He was one of the first to explore CGRP (calcitonin gene-related peptide), the protein known for its involvement in migraine. This discovery has been instrumental in creating the new class of medications CGRP receptor antagonists, including Aimovig, Ajovy, Emgality, and Vyepti.
Watch at your own pace & get additional expert interview footage when you purchase the 2023 Migraine World Summit. Includes:
- All expert interviews with seperate audio (MP3) files & transcripts
- 30 extended, uncut interview editions with 6.5 hours of bonus expert footage
- Lifetime access with no annual fee
Related Talks for: Day 1 (2021)
The Coalition For Headache And Migraine Patients (CHAMP) is an organization that provides support to people with headache, migraine and cluster diseases who are often stigmatized and under-served.
CHAMP brings together organizations and leaders in this disease area to enhance communication, coordination and collaboration to more effectively help people wherever they are on their patient journey.
CHAMP is working to identify unmet needs of those with headache, migraine and cluster diseases, and will work to better support patients and their caregivers.
Listen in as world-leading migraine and headache experts share their gratitude for the 60+ patient advocates who help produce the Summit each year.
Leave a comment
Back to top