Book Editor Role Description
The Migraine World Summit is an annual live event that is held each year in March or April. It is available for free online.
The Migraine World Summit provides an opportunity to improve patients’ and caregivers’ understanding of migraine and headache disorders by providing access to leading migraine experts, doctors and specialists from around the world.
Our mission is to reduce the global burden of migraine. By giving access to many of the world’s top experts, information is shared that can be discussed with the patients’ healthcare professionals to improve health and wellness.
Work with Executive Producer and Author to draw essential insights and quotes from MWS transcripts that will be featured in the book. Source research and edit copy so that it is grammatically accurate, fully comprehensible, and polished.
- You love reading. Language and good grammar come naturally.
- You are intrigued by medical research and know how to cite evidence-based references to support text.
- You have an eye for grammatical errors and would enjoy making corrections in text.
- You are interested in learning and using software to complete editing work.
- You would be able to take initiative and ask “Why?” if something doesn’t make sense.
- You are comfortable working within deadlines to support project timelines.
- Attend an initial MWS onboarding meeting. (We will offer options.)
- Attend relevant new Content Editor training sessions.
- Participate in weekly progress meetings with Executive Producer and co-editor.
- Self-schedule to complete assigned Content Editing projects according to necessary publishing timelines.
- Communicate project status and any issues meeting timelines to Executive Producer.
- Solid knowledge of migraine
- Strong English language skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfort with technology
- Ability to review content on a detailed level to ensure published materials are without errors and of high quality
- Ability, also, to consider content from a broader perspective to identify big picture gaps or opportunities to best convey messages
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE (helpful, but not required)
- Professional writing
- Technical platform use
Timeframe/Hours: Minimum 4 hours/week
Join Our Team
Thank you so much for your consideration. Please subscribe to our email list for recruitment updates.
We understand that, for many, life is a daily struggle and you are simply not in a position to take on anything more. If you feel like this could be taxing on your health in any way, do not apply now. We greatly appreciate your consideration and would much rather you prioritize your health and come back in a better place next year.
If your health permits it, you possess the relevant skills and are ready to demonstrate just how amazing you can be despite chronic illness, please apply or share this with someone you know who might be interested. Please note, these roles are open globally, and will be filled on a rolling basis—some right away, and others as needed. Thanks for your patience with us as we review all of the applications.
Fill out this short form to be considered for the Migraine World Summit team. Join us to help make a world of difference.
Register for the Migraine World Summit today!
Get full access to all interviews and summit content
View some of the top migraine interview content on the planet
Engage in user discussion with fellow migraine attendees