Articles Role Description
The Migraine World Summit is an annual live event that is held each year in March or April. It is available for free online.
The Migraine World Summit provides an opportunity to improve patients’ and caregivers’ understanding of migraine and headache disorders by providing access to leading migraine experts, doctors and specialists from around the world.
Our mission is to reduce the global burden of migraine. By giving access to many of the world’s top experts, information is shared that can be discussed with the patients’ healthcare professionals to improve health and wellness.
The Articles team are creating world class and in-depth articles using the MWS library of transcripts available to the Articles team to cover a range of different topics related to migraine and headache. If you enjoy writing, researching, creating new articles and reviewing expert information (transcripts or video) then this could be a great fit for you.
- You are a talented writer who can express yourself clearly
- You enjoy understanding and distilling (sometimes) complex topics into plain language
- You work well independently and are self driven. At the same time you are happy to join team meetings and support others in the team by reviewing their work
- You have an eye for detail
- You enjoy learning about and researching new topics related to migraine and headache
- You appreciate the give-and-take of edits and suggestions to your work, thereby strengthening and refining your own writing skills
- Write long form (1,500+) articles on specific topics
- Proof read your work before it is submitted for review
- Review the work of others in the team
- Attend an initial MWS onboarding meeting
- Attend several team specific training sessions
- Participate in meetings up to 2 times per month
- Communicate progress at regular intervals and keep track of your progress using our team Google sheet
- Familiarise yourself and apply the principles of our writing guide into your writing.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to absorb complex information and distill into a clear and concise format.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Solid knowledge of migraine.
- Comfort with technology, especially the ability to use or learn Google Docs for writing and Slack for intra-team communication.
- Ability to review content on a comprehensive level to ensure published materials are without errors and of the highest quality.
- Capacity to stay engaged year-round. We know that we all need a break at some point, so the team will cover during times of absence.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE (helpful, but not required)
- Professional writing
- Technical platform use
- Location: Flexible
- Timeframe/Hours: Approximately 4 hours/week
Join Our Team
Thank you so much for your consideration. Please subscribe to our email list for recruitment updates.
We understand that, for many, life is a daily struggle and you are simply not in a position to take on anything more. If you feel like this could be taxing on your health in any way, do not apply now. We greatly appreciate your consideration and would much rather you prioritize your health and come back in a better place next year.
If your health permits it, you possess the relevant skills and are ready to demonstrate just how amazing you can be despite chronic illness, please apply or share this with someone you know who might be interested. Please note, these roles are open globally, and will be filled on a rolling basis—some right away, and others as needed. Thanks for your patience with us as we review all of the applications.
Fill out this short form to be considered for the Migraine World Summit team. Join us to help make a world of difference.
Register for the Migraine World Summit today!
Get full access to all interviews and summit content
View some of the top migraine interview content on the planet
Engage in user discussion with fellow migraine attendees