The Migraine World Summit is an annual live event that is held each year in March or April. It is available for free online.
The Migraine World Summit provides an opportunity to improve patients’ and caregivers’ understanding of migraine and headache disorders by providing access to leading migraine experts, doctors and specialists from around the world.
Our mission is to reduce the global burden of migraine. By giving access to many of the world’s top experts, information is shared that can be discussed with the patients’ healthcare professionals to improve health and wellness.
The Managing Editor for the Articles Team will play a crucial leadership role in our organization, steering our team of volunteer writers in producing high-quality content. This position requires a dynamic individual who can coordinate a diverse team of volunteer contributors, maintain a consistent publishing schedule, and ensure that all content aligns with our organization’s vision and standards. The successful applicant will be instrumental in crafting engaging content that resonates with our audience, fostering a positive and productive environment for our writers.
We’re seeking an individual who is highly organized, detail-oriented, and possesses exceptional communication skills. The Managing Editor should be an approachable and patient leader, comfortable with managing a team of volunteers with varied skills and experience levels. A passion for our cause and a keen interest in developing the skills of our volunteer writers is essential. The ability to maintain high standards while navigating the unique challenges of managing a volunteer-based team is key.
- Develop and manage a content calendar, ensuring regular publishing of articles and other content.
- Manage a diverse team of volunteer writers, providing feedback, mentoring, and training as required.
- Review, edit, and approve all content prior to publishing. Adhere to editorial standards including grammar, spelling, punctuation, and brand guidelines.
- Maintain consistent quality and tone in all published content.
- Work closely with other team leaders to align content with organizational objectives.
- Cultivate a positive, inclusive, and productive environment for all volunteer writers.
- Organize regular team meetings and training sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communication, or a related field.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in an editorial role, preferably in a leadership position.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Proficiency in content management systems and other related software.
- Ability to work well under pressure while managing multiple tasks.
- Understanding and appreciation of the unique dynamics and challenges of working with volunteers.
- Experience managing a team of volunteers is highly desirable.
- Prior work in a non-profit or cause-driven organization is a plus.
- Experience with digital content strategies, SEO, and social media promotion.
- Familiarity with graphic design, video production, and other multimedia content is a bonus.
- Location: Flexible
- Timeframe/Hours: 4+ hours a week
The Managing Editor will be a key player in our organization, helping us to create compelling content that speaks to our audience and furthers our mission. If you are a motivated, compassionate leader with a sharp editorial eye and a passion for mentoring, we’d love to hear from you.
Join Our Team
Thank you so much for your consideration. Please subscribe to our email list for recruitment updates.
We understand that, for many, life is a daily struggle and you are simply not in a position to take on anything more. If you feel like this could be taxing on your health in any way, do not apply now. We greatly appreciate your consideration and would much rather you prioritize your health and come back in a better place next year.
If your health permits it, you possess the relevant skills and are ready to demonstrate just how amazing you can be despite chronic illness, please apply or share this with someone you know who might be interested. Please note, these roles are open globally, and will be filled on a rolling basis—some right away, and others as needed. Thanks for your patience with us as we review all of the applications.
Fill out this short form to be considered for the Migraine World Summit team. Join us to help make a world of difference.
Register for the Migraine World Summit today!
Get full access to all interviews and summit content
View some of the top migraine interview content on the planet
Engage in user discussion with fellow migraine attendees