Copywriter Role Description
The Migraine World Summit is an annual live event that is held each year in March or April. It is available for free online.
The Migraine World Summit provides an opportunity to improve patients’ and caregivers’ understanding of migraine and headache disorders by providing access to leading migraine experts, doctors and specialists from around the world.
Our mission is to reduce the global burden of migraine. By giving access to many of the world’s top experts, information is shared that can be discussed with the patients’ healthcare professionals to improve health and wellness.
Copywriters engage in Migraine World Summit volunteer work year-round. From June to January, most of the work is to develop short, weekly emails that summarize important points from an interview held in March; eventually all the interviews are summarized.
In the two months before March, emails become more frequent as we market the upcoming Summit, reach out to partners, further engage existing subscribers and help orient new ones.
During the Summit itself, emails occur daily to announce the day’s events. Finally, post-Summit, emails continue to engage participants on a variety of Summit-related topics prior to the regularly scheduled emails that begin again in June. At that point, one team member composes an email using the interview transcript to shape a draft within a well-defined format. Another team member then thoroughly reviews and edits it so that it is grammatically and factually accurate, comprehensible and polished.
- You love writing and reading; language and grammar come naturally.
- You have strong editing skills and enjoy the editing process.
- You have an eye for grammatical errors and like to make text clearer, more concise and engaging.
- You appreciate the give-and-take of being edited, thereby strengthening and refining your own writing skills as you strive to craft engaging emails.
- You can use language to inform readers about various migraine-related topics.
- You would be adept at distilling an email from the transcript of a 30-minute interview on a specific headache- or migraine-related topic.
- You are happy to work remotely with a distributed team.
- You are comfortable working within deadlines to support project timelines.
- Attend an initial MWS onboarding meeting. (We will strive to offer two date options.)
- Attend one or more Copywriting-specific training sessions.
- Self-schedule in order to help complete assigned writing or review tasks according to team and Migraine World Summit timelines.
- Communicate project status and any issues meeting timelines to team leaders.
- Participate in weekly status team meetings during the two-month lead-up to the Summit.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to absorb complex information and distill into a clear and concise format.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Solid knowledge of migraine.
- Comfort with technology, especially the ability to use or learn Google Docs for writing and Slack for intra-team communication.
- Ability to review content on a comprehensive level to ensure published materials are without errors and of the highest quality.
- Capacity to stay engaged year-round. (And yes: we all need a break, so the team will cover during times of absence.)
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE (helpful, but not required)
- Professional writing.
- Technical platform use.
Timeframe/Hours: Approximately 4 hours/week
Join Our Team
Thank you so much for your consideration. Please subscribe to our email list for recruitment updates.
We understand that, for many, life is a daily struggle and you are simply not in a position to take on anything more. If you feel like this could be taxing on your health in any way, do not apply now. We greatly appreciate your consideration and would much rather you prioritize your health and come back in a better place next year.
If your health permits it, you possess the relevant skills and are ready to demonstrate just how amazing you can be despite chronic illness, please apply or share this with someone you know who might be interested. Please note, these roles are open globally, and will be filled on a rolling basis—some right away, and others as needed. Thanks for your patience with us as we review all of the applications.
Fill out this short form to be considered for the Migraine World Summit team. Join us to help make a world of difference.
Register for the Migraine World Summit today!
Get full access to all interviews and summit content
View some of the top migraine interview content on the planet
Engage in user discussion with fellow migraine attendees